These chocolate chip cookies come out very doughy. My family liked them, but I have to say I prefer my cookies on the crispy side. Enjoy!
3⁄4 cup Circle B Ranch Lard
1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 extra large egg
1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour (unsifted)
1 teaspoon salt
3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine shortening, sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Beat in egg.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in small bowl.
- Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet (I prefer air-bake cookie sheets).
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies (they will look light and moist–do not overbake), 11-13 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Remove to wire rack.
- Serve warm or cool completely before storing.