Ever since all of our wonderful garden-fresh zucchini came in, it feels like we have eaten zucchini with every meal! So I thought instead of doing the traditional grilled zucchini or even zucchini bread, I would make chocolate zucchini bread. Why not? Chocolate makes everything better and it sure made this zucchini bread delicious!
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.