You can make Caprese salad any time of the year…but it is really delicious when tomatoes are in season. Enjoy!
- 10 ounces cherry or cherub tomatoes, chopped in half
- 8 ounces whole milk mozzarella, cherry sized, chopped in halves or fourths
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)
- Add the balsamic vinegar and honey to a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Once it’s reduced by approximately half and thickened to your liking (about 5-10 minutes) remove from the heat. Be careful it doesn’t get too thick, but a bit syrupy is good.
- Toss all ingredients except for the reduction in a bowl. Drizzle with the reduction, adding a little at a time, tossing, tasting, and then adding more to your liking.
- You can also prepare this with large tomatoes. Just cut them into smaller pieces.
- Serving Size: 2