Circle B Ranch Chorizo Sausage is just plain delicious. I thought the hog crouton was just what the stew needed.
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- • 1 pound fresh Circle B Ranch Mexican chorizo
- • 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- • 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- • 1 sprig thyme
- • 2 15-ounce cans cannellini (white kidney) beans
- • 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- • Kosher salt
- • Freshly ground black pepper
- • 5 ounces baby spinach (about 10 cups)
- • Smoked paprika (optional)
- 1. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- 2. Transfer sausage to plate.
- 3. Keep heat at medium temperature. Use same skillet and heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onion, garlic, and thyme sprig. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened (5-8 minutes).
- 4. Add beans and broth and cook, crushing a few beans with the back of a spoon to thicken sauce, until slightly thickened (8-10 minutes).
- 5. Season with salt and pepper. Add spinach by handfuls and cook just until wilted (about 2 minutes).
- 6. Slice chorizo and fold into stew; add water to thin, if desired.
- 7. Divide stew among bowls; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Serving Size: 4