This recipe is so easy to make. It also is yummy! The original recipe had a glaze, but to keep the calories down we decided that we did not need the glaze. We ate most of this Sunday morning, and there were a few slices left so I froze them and we are going to use them for French Toast. I think that French Toast made with this Cinnamon Roll Bread will be awesome.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg – room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk – I used 1%
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a bread pan by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray or lightly greasing it with butter.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl combine egg, milk, vanilla extract and yogurt or sour cream.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir to combine. You can use a large wooden spoon for this if you wish, no mixer is required.
- In a small bowl combine swirl ingredients together – 1/3 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 2 tablespoons water. Use a tablespoon to drop spoonfuls of this mixture over the bread, then use a knife to make swirl designs to incorporate the cinnamon mixture into the bread.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and transfer it to a cooling rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and allow it to continue cooling completely.