We have been told that we have some of the best Chorizo Sausage around. So I thought that I would try it out in a Breakfast Taco. I know that if you are like me, you may not be a morning person. I need a cup of coffee before I can even think. So I figured that I would sip on my cup of coffee and prepare this recipe. It was really simple to make and turned out delicious. You really could make some of this the night before. Next time I would cook up the Chorizo and have the cheese grated the night before. That way, all you really need to do is warm up the sausage, cook the potatoes and scramble the eggs!
- 10 ounces Circle B Ranch chorizo
- 2 teaspoons Circle B Ranch Lard
- 1 large Yukon potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 5 flour tortillas (6-inch)
- 1/2 cup shredded Manchego Cheese
- Cilantro sprinkled on the inside of the Taco and some for garnish
- In a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat, cook chorizo for 6 minutes or until nicely browned, set aside.
- heat the lard in a saute pan and stir in the potatoes. Cover the pan and cook potatoes, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through and browned. Scramble the eggs and continue cooking for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the eggs have set. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and put the tortilla shells in the oven on a sheet pan for 5 minutes or until warm.
- Layer the potatoes, eggs and chorizo into the warm tortillas and top with cheese and cilantro. Serve with salsas, if desired.