My mother gave me a container of mascarpone cheese, so I thought why not make it with pork chops and mushrooms. This came out so delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 Circle B Ranch Pork chops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1 cup (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves, plus whole sprigs, for garnish
- ason the pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Add the pork and cook just until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the pork to a plate.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of butter to the same skillet over medium-high heat, then add the onion and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and sauté until the mushrooms are tender and the juices evaporate, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until it is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the mascarpone and mustard. Return the pork and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat until the pork is just cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Serve with roasted potatoes and spoon the pork mixture over top. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.