We love a really good shrimp scampi and this recipe came out delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine or broth
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ¾ lbs. large or extra-large shrimp, shelled
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- Freshly squeezed juice from half a lemon
- Cooked pasta, rice or crusty bread
- In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine or broth, salt, red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and bring to a simmer. Let wine reduce by ½, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté until they just turn pink, 2-4 minutes depending upon their size. Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and serve over pasta or accompanied by crusty bread.