I love Thai food, and I get excited every time I make a new Thai dish! This recipe is absolutely delicious, not too spicy, and very easy to prepare.
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1-inch pieces, seasoned with salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, divided
- 2 zucchinis, cut into 1/2 x 2-inch spears
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, sliced
- 1 cup green onions, chopped (about 8 stalks)
- Half a yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. ginger paste (or 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, grated)
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. red Thai curry paste
- 1 16 oz. can coconut cream (or coconut milk)
- Salt & pepper
- Red pepper flakes for garnish (if you like it spicy)
- 2 cups cooked rice, for serving
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. coconut oil and cook the chicken breast until golden brown and cooked through, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate.
- With the heat still on high, melt another Tbsp. of coconut oil in the wok/skillet. Add in all the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Cook the vegetables until they start to brown slightly on the edges, but are still crisp and tender, about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and ginger, cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add in the Thai curry paste and stir to combine. Add in the coconut cream/milk and stir to combine. Add the chicken back in and cook for another few minutes until heated through.
- Spoon the Coconut Chicken Thai Curry over rice and serve warm. Top with red pepper flakes if you like more spice.
- Serving Size: 4