Coconut Shrimp Curry with mushrooms is delish. This recipe comes together fast and it is delish! Enjoy!
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tsp. grated garlic
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. coriander seeds, toasted & ground
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds, toasted & ground
- 1 Tbsp. tamarind paste
- 1 Jalapeno, finely diced
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 6 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups coconut milk, fresh or canned
- Mint and cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Put shrimp in a medium bowl, and season generously with salt and pepper. Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, coriander, cumin, tamarind paste, jalapeno and cayenne, and mix to coat well. Leave to marinated for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a wide skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and stir-fry gently for about 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook, stirring for about 1 to 2 more minutes until shrimp have turned pink and mushrooms have softened.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for about 1 minute. Taste sauce and adjust seasoning. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with mint and cilantro leaves. Serve with lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4