When my grandchildren come to visit, I always like to make something that the kids will love. These are easy to make and you can reheat them. Serve them with your favorite mustard and Marina’s Homemade ketchup (of course). Enjoy!
- 6 Circle B Ranch Nitrite Free Hot Dogs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup butter
- 1/8 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar
- Ketchup & mustard for serving
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Coat a 24-cup mini muffin tin with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Quarter hot dogs to make 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients, from buttermilk through salt, and stir using a rubber spatula until moist. Fold in honey and cheddar until combined.
- With a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, spoon about 1 Tbsp. batter into each cup and place 1 hot dog piece into the center. Place in oven and bake until the muffins are golden brown and cook through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard.