There are not enough pear desserts. This recipe was easy and delish!! Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Zest of one orange
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pure almond oil extract
- 2 cups pears (peeled, cored and cut into ½-inch chunks)
- 1 large egg white
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Blend 2 cups flour, 1 and ½ cups brown sugar, butter and salt until crumbly. Press one cup of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared springform pan so it goes up the sides ½ inch.
- Mix eggs, milk, 2 Tbsp. flour, orange zest, baking powder and almond extract. Stir remaining crumb mixture into milk mixture until just combined. Fold in pears. Pour into pan.
- Beat egg white with a mixer until foamy. Add the 2 Tbsp. sugar. Beat until soft peaks form. Spread over cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about one hour, or until a toothpick or wooden skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake. Cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack. Remove sides of pan. Finish cooling. Remove cake to a cake plate with a cover.
- Serving Size: 12