Marina’s Cranberry Chutney and Oatmeal goes so well together. These bars came out delicious! Enjoy!
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups flour (2 cups all-purpose white or 1 cup all-purpose & 1 cup whole wheat)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 14 oz of Marina’s Cranberry Chutney
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Use your fingers to rub in the butter until everything is moistened and no pieces are bigger than the oats.
- Spoon three-quarters of the oat mixture into a 13×9-inch cake pan. Press down on it firmly to form a firm layer that evenly covers the bottom of the pan. Add the cranberry sauce in dollops and spread it in a thin layer over the oat layer. Sprinkle with the remaining oat mixture.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into 8 strips along the length of the pan and 3 strips along the width to yield 24 bars.