I am always looking for really good banana bread recipes. When I found the one from comfortablefood.com, I knew I had to try it. This recipe makes a very dense and delicious bread. You will definitely enjoy it!
- Walnuts – 1 ½ cups roughly chopped
- Butter – 3/4 cup (170 g), softened
- Cream cheese – 1 8 oz package softened
- White sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Brown sugar – ½ cup
- Eggs – 2 large
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- All-purpose flour – 3 cups
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Banana – 4 medium, mushed (The best bananas are the ones that are really ripe. Put them in the freezer and take them out and defrost. Freezing will help release the natural sugar in the bananas.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (175 C), and Spray two bread pans.
- Put the butter and cream cheese into a large bowl and mix until blended and creamy.
- Add the sugars and beat well to combine
- Blend in the vanilla and then add the eggs one at a time, beating after each one to blend.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients, then add to the wet and mix at a low speed until just blended
- Stir in the bananas and walnuts
- Scrape dough evenly into well-greased bread pans and bake for about 1 hour or longer. Bake until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. Cool bread on wire rack for about 15 minutes the remove from pans and allow to cool an additional 30 minutes before slicing to avoid excessive crumbling.