Shrimp with Cream and Spinach!! What could possibly be bad? Nothing! This recipe is delicious! Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 lb. shrimp (or prawns), tails on or off
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 5 oz. jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil, drained (reserve 1 tsp. of oil for cooking)
- 1 3/4 cups half and half
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
- 2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add the garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Add in the shrimp and fry two minutes on each side, until just cooked through and pink. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Fry the onion in the butter remaining in the skillet. Pour in the white wine (if using), and allow to reduce to half, while scraping any bits off of the bottom of the pan. Add the sun dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavors.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add the half and half, and bring to a gentle simmer while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, and add in the Parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until the cheese melts through the sauce.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan; sprinkle with the basil and parsley, and stir through.
- Serve over pasta, rice, or steamed vegetables.
- Serving Size: 4