John and I love chicken and we really love mushrooms. I hope your family likes this as much as John and I did. Enjoy!!
- • 1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- • 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- • 3 garlic cloves, minced or whole (your preference)
- • 1 cup chicken broth
- • ½ cup heavy cream
- • 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- • 1 tsp. garlic powder
- • ½ tsp. salt
- • ¼ tsp. pepper
- • 1 Tbsp. flour
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the sliced mushrooms and garlic and cook for a few minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.
- To make the sauce, add the chicken broth, heavy cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat and whisk until smooth. Add the flour and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until it starts to thicken. Add the mushrooms and garlic to the sauce, followed by the chicken; coat in the creamy sauce. Heat for a couple of minutes and serve immediately.