All John can say when I make this for him is: “delicious….delicious!” This will not disappoint and when the blueberries are fresh from the Farmers Market it is even better! Enjoy!
- • 12 honey graham crackers (approximately 1 ½ sleeves; use 12 entire rectangles, do not break apart)
- • 6 tablespoons of butter, melted
- • 1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- • 1 egg yolk
- • 1/8 teaspoon salt
- • 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- • ½ cup lemon juice (about 4-5 lemons if using fresh juice)
- • 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
- • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Crush graham crackers in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. Melt the butter and stir into the crumbs. Press the mixture evenly into a pie dish, and then bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. While the crust is baking, in a medium bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolk, salt, lemon juice, and lemon juice. Whisk mixture until it is smooth and thick. In a separate bowl, toss the blueberries in the flour until they are fully coated (this will keep the blueberries from sinking to the bottom from the pie). Discard the excess flour. Fold the blueberries into the lemon mixture, and then pour into the still hot crust. Bake 10-12 minutes until the filling is solid; it will jiggle in the pan when done.
- 3. Let the pie cool completely. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. When serving, top with fresh whipped cream (mix together 1 cup whipped cream with ½ cup powdered sugar).
- The same recipe may be used for pie bars by using a square baking dish rather than a pie pan.
- Serving Size: 8