I am just a simple Italian girl from Brooklyn. I had never heard of biscuits and gravy until I was driving cross-country with my son and we stopped in a Bob Evans. The waitress was bringing out bowls of creamy stuff on top on biscuits. I tried the one at Bob Evans, and I can say I was not impressed. The gravy was not thick and the sausage had no taste. This recipe is easy, takes a few minutes and it come out delicious.
- 1 pound of Circle B Ranch Bulk Breakfast Sausage
- Vegetable oil (optional)
- 6 tablespoons flour
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 4 split warm biscuits for serving
- Cook sausage in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain, reserving drippings; place sausage in bowl. If necessary, add enough oil to reserved drippings to measure 1 tablespoon. Return drippings to skillet.
- Add flour and pepper to skillet; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Cook over MEDIUM heat 6-8 minutes or until browned, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Add sausage; cook 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Serve over biscuits.