I am always looking for a delicious Cabbage Salad. I thought what could possible be wrong with cabbage and peas and a spicy peanut dressing? Nothing….this came out delicious and I would definitely make it again.
For the Salad
- 1 head of napa cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup of peas
- ¼ cup of fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup chopped roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey or brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon siracha
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine cabbage, carrots, peas, avocado, half of the herbs, and half of the cashews in a large bowl; do not include sesame seeds.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing in a separate bowl, adding more water to thin if necessary.
- Toss the cabbage mixture with the peanut sauce and top with the reserved herbs, cashews, and the sesame seeds.