The name says it all. Death by Chocolate Banana Bread. Delicious and easy.
- ½ cup butter, melted, plus more for buttering pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for flouring pan
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, plus 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 super-ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine sugar, butter, buttermilk, vanilla, egg and egg yolk until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir until combined, then fold in chocolate chips and mashed bananas.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish and bake until deeply golden and a toothpick comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.