This Apple Bread was easy to make! When I put it into the oven, it made the house smell so good. I love that apple and cinnamon smell!
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, finely chopped
Cinnamon sugar topping
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with baking spray. Line bottoms and up the ends with a strip of parchment paper (for easy removal) and spray again. Set aside.
- Whisk together salt, baking powder and flour. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter, both sugars and cinnamon for 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping sides as necessary. Add in both eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth, again scraping sides as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour mixture and milk in alternating additions, starting and ending with flour. Mix until just combined.
- Finally add in apples and stir until just combined and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon for topping and sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until bread is set and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.