What to hide Zucchini in a delicious Chocolate bread? This comes out delicious and your children will never know they are eating something healthy!! Enjoy!
- • 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini
- • 1 cup all-purpose flour
- • ½ cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- • ¾ tsp. baking soda
- • ¼ tsp. baking powder
- • ¼ tsp. salt
- • ½ tsp. instant coffee powder (or ¼ tsp. espresso powder)
- • ¾ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- • 2 large Pasture raised eggs
- • ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
- • ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- • ½ cup granulated sugar
- • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Place the shredded zucchini on a couple of paper towels to absorb some moisture. Press a paper towel on top as well. Set aside until step 4.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, instant coffee, and chocolate chips together until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla together until completely combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and lightly whisk until combined. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the zucchini. Pour or spoon batter into prepared baking pan, scraping up every last drop.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean; baking times may vary according to the oven. Allow bread to cool completely in the pan, on a wire rack. Slice and serve when the bread has completely cooled. Store leftover bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- The bread freezes well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight and allow bread to come to room temperature before serving.