We love Manicotti. Usually I make my manicotti shells, but this time I decided to use manicotti shells. This came out delicious and what I really liked about it was that you could double the recipe and freeze the leftovers for future dinner.
- • 1 box (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- • 16 ounces ricotta
- • 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- • 1 ½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus 2 tablespoons more
- • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- • ½ cup basil, chopped
- • ¼ teaspoon salt
- • ¼ teaspoon pepper
- • 3 cups of Marina’s Italian Style Tomato Sauce
- 1. Cook the manicotti shells following the directions on package (usually about 8 minutes).
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, mozzarella, Parmesan, eggs, basil, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cayenne.
- 3. Spread ½ cup of tomato sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- 4. Fill the manicotti shells with the ricotta mixture and place in the baking dish. Spoon remaining marinara over the top; sprinkle with one cup shredded mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
- 5. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 6