Circle B Ranch German Sausage, Hickory Smoked Bacon and cabbage make for a delicious dinner. Enjoy!
- Grill the sausage (or slice and cook in skillet).
- Cut the cabbage in half (from top to bottom) and then into quarters. Cut the core out of the cabbage on each quarter, and then cut into thin strips as if you are making coleslaw.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and cook in skillet until crispy. Add the onion and the garlic to the bacon and saute until softened. Add the sliced cabbage and saute until cabbage is wilted and cooked down (this process will take awhile and you may have to cook the cabbage in batches).
- While the cabbage is cooking, slice the grilled sausage. When the cabbage is about cooked through, add the sausage to warm it through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grilling the sausage adds flavor and releases some of the fat from the meat. If you decide to cook the sausage in a skillet, remove the the sausage from pan and pour out any accumulated oil before proceeding with the recipe.
- Serving Size: 4