I am always looking for recipes that can showcase our pork. When I saw this Farfalle with Italian Sausage recipe, I knew that I had to try it. The original recipe called for Hot Italian Sausage, but unfortunately I did not have any in stock. I used Sweet Italian Sausage instead, and for some heat I added hot pepper flakes. What we especially liked about this recipe is how gooey it became when I added the mozzarella cheese. And of course I used Marina’s Tomato Sauce. I do have to say, this came out delicious!
- Remove sausage from casing and add to large skillet. Crumble and cook over medium heat until done. If you are using Circle B Ranch sausage you probably will not need to drain the grease from the sausage.
- Take the sausage out of the pan and leave 2 tablespoons of grease in the pan. Add the chopped onions and garlic to the pan and saute until done.
- Add the jar of Marina’s Tomato Sauce to the pan, add basil, salt and pepper to the mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add Italian sausage to skillet and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low for approximately 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large pot fill with water and bring to a boil. Cook Farfalle according to package directions. Drain pasta and put back into pot. Add sausage mixture to pan with pasta and add mozzarella cheese to pan and mix well until melted and gooey! Serve with Pecorino Romano Cheese, bread and a delicious salad. Enjoy!