If you love Sweet Italian sausage and you love farfalle you will definitely love this recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 pound Farfalle or Bow Tie pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Circle B Ranch Pork sweet Italian sausage (removed from the casing)
- 28 ounces of Marina’s Italian Style Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 medium onion
- 16 ounces frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Add the oil to a large sauté pan and sauté the onion for about 4-5 minutes until soft over a medium flame.
Add the sausage and brown for about 3-4 minutes. Break up the pieces with a wooden spoon.
Add the wine and reduce for about 2-3 minutes or until you no longer smell alcohol.
Add the tomatoes, peas, salt, pepper and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Cook the pasta until very al dente and add it to the sauce. Toss together for 1-2 minutes.
Turn off the heat and add the cheese. Toss together allowing the residual heat of the pan melt the cheese.
Serve in warm bowls with extra grated cheese on top!