You’ve got to try these garlic dill pickles..fast, fresh and easy!
- 8–10 small pickling cucumbers (approx. 3 pounds)
- 2 cups (500 mL) white vinegar
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 2 tablespoons (25 mL) pickling salt
- 4 heads fresh dill or 4 teaspoons dill seeds (20mL)
- 4 small cloves of garlic
- Cut a thin slice from the ends of each cucumber.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, water, and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove hot jars from canner. Place one head of fresh dill or 1 teaspoon (5 mL) dill seeds and 1 clove of garlic into each jar; pack in cucumbers. Pour boiling vinegar mixture over cucumbers to within ½ inch (1 cm) of rim (head space). Process 10 minutes for pint (500 mL) jars and 15 minutes for quart (1 L) jars.
- The garlic may turn blue or green in the jar. This is to be expected, because the acids affect the natural pigments of the garlic.