So much of what I cook is based on what is available at the Farmers Market. This week fresh cabbage was back, and my family just love cabbage. So what could be better than cabbage, onion and bacon? I paired this with rack of lamb, but it would be just as delicious with German Sausage or Pork Chops.
- 6 slices Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head cabbage, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Place the bacon in a large stockpot and cook over medium-high heat until crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion caramelizes; about 10 minutes.
- Immediately stir in the cabbage and continue to cook and stir another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes more.
- Serve with a savory meat, such as rack of lamb!