Cauliflower rice is all the rage. Serve it with some haricort vert and you have a delicious dinner. Enjoy!
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan, finely grated
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- For the cauliflower rice:
- 3 cups riced cauliflower (I used the already riced cauliflower in a package)
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- Juice of one lemon (+ zest, if you like)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a shallow plate, combine parmesan cheese, garlic powder, paprika, and fresh basil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in the parmesan mixture; shake off excess and set aside.
2. In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until golden on each side and cooked through – about 3-4 minutes for each side, depending on the thickness of your chicken. Transfer to a plate.
The cauliflower rice
In the same pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Fry the garlic and onion for 1 minute until fragrant — be careful not to burn.
2. Add the riced cauliflower to the skillet and stir to mix everything together well and coat in melted butter. Cook, stirring regularly for 1 minute.
3. Stir in the 2 tablespoons chicken stock, about half the parsley, and lemon zest (if using). Cook for one minute to reduce juices then add the lemon juice and a few sprinkles of parmesan cheese, if you like.
4. Adjust seasoning as needed. Stir in the remaining parsley. Return chicken over cauliflower rice and reheat quickly. Serve with fresh cracked black pepper, red chili pepper flakes and more parmesan cheese.