I had never made a Georgia Peach Cobbler before I found this one. When I read the recipe, I really did not think that it would bake correctly. I was wrong. It was so delicious. Enjoy!
- 6–8 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Pour melted butter into center of 9×13-inch baking dish; do not spread butter around pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder. Slowly pour in milk and vanilla extract, and stir to combine. Pour batter over butter, but do not stir.
- Add brown sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a saucepan on high heat. Stir frequently until sugar is completely melted and peaches have released their juices.
- Pour peaches over top of batter. Do not stir.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until top of cobbler is golden in color.
- Serve warm or cold, or with a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 8