Circle B Ranch German Sausage makes a great meal, especially when it’s paired with red cabbage. Enjoy!
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- ½ head red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled & chopped
- 2 oz. (4 Tbsp.) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup lager-style beer
- ¼ cup Marina’s Cranberry Chutney
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Circle B Ranch German Sausages
- Mustard, for serving (optional)
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and a pinch of salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage and apple, and cook, tossing occasionally, until apple is softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the butter, beer, jelly, vinegar, cloves, 1 tsp. salt, and a couple grinds of pepper; cover and cook until the cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook, until browned and heated through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve the cabbage with the sausages. Add some mustard on the side if you would like, and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 6