Big John wanted butterflied leg of lamb. That recipe is for another blog. I thought leg of lamb would be great with an Avocado Relish. This paired well with the meat.
- 1/3 cup English or Hothouse Cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata Olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano (I used fresh)
- 1 large firm-ripe Chilean Hass Avocado, halved, pitted and peeled, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- For relish, in small bowl stir together cucumbers, olives, onion, the remaining 3 tablespoons lemon juice and oregano. Stir to mix. Gently stir in avocado pieces. Cover tightly by placing plastic wrap directly on the surface of the relish.