This simple slaw recipe is great for any occasion, whether you are grilling, having a large family dinner, or simply going on a picnic. I paired this with the Homesick Texas Carnitas. Delicious!!
- 1 cup green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Serrano Chiles (I used 1/2 of a Pablano Pepper)
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup pure olive oil
- 1 head purple cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small red onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Blend green onions, vinegar, chiles (or Pablano), mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and oil in a blender until emulsified.
- Place cabbage and red onions in a bowl, add the dressing and stir until combined.
- Fold in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Chef Flay suggests storing your cabbage and veggies separately from the dressing and mixing them just before serving to eliminate sogginess.
- Serving Size: 12