Each summer, I have fresh asparagus from Big John’s garden. I can tell you that nothing beats the flavor of fresh asparagus! You walk out to the garden and cut it like grass. Over the summer, I think we had this at least once or twice a week; it’s quick, easy, healthy and delicious!
- 1 Pound Asparagus
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic- pressed or minced
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup or Honey (I used Honey)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- Wash the asparagus and snap off the woody bases.
- In a large, shallow bowl, combine the marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Add the asparagus to your marinade. (I did this in a ziplock bag. I find it easier to handle and to combine all ingredients and coat the asparagus).
- Refrigerate 1-3 hours. Flip the bag every once and awhile to ensure even coating of the asparagus.
- Preheat the grill, once hot, place the asparagus on the grill and cook until brown. About 2-4 minutes per side.