Circle B Ranch German Sausage is very versatile and it really pairs well with the onions and mustard in this recipe. Enjoy!!
- Heat lard in 12-inch, deep skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sugar, and stir well to coat.
- Sauté onions, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until starting to turn golden brown.
- Add hard cider and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add bay leaves, lower heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir mustard into onions, remove from heat, and discard bay leaves.
- Grill bratwurst over medium-hot fire, turning to brown evenly, until nicely browned and internal temperature reaches 160°F when taken with an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the bratwurst from the grill and add to skillet with onions. Over medium heat, cook and stir until sauce becomes syrupy.
- Serve bratwurst in rolls, generously smothered in the mustardy onions.