This recipe was easy and delicious! We found that this marinade not only kept the chicken moist but also gave it a great flavor. It really was very easy and my family loved it so much, it has become my “go to” marinade. I made the chicken and for side we had a large salad and grilled zucchini and mozzarella stackers!
- 1/2 Chicken- I broke it down into individual cuts to make it easier to marinade and grill but you can keep it whole
- 2/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard
- Grated Zest of 2 Lemons Plus 6 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Course Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil in a bowl
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Put aside about 1/2 cup of this delicious marinade to the side for basting during grilling and to have it as a side dip when the chicken is finished
- Add chicken to remaining marinade, turn and coat and let sit for about 20 minutes- I marinated my chicken for about 8 hours, if you don’t have that much time, 20 minutes will do just fine.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and brush grates with olive oil. Preheat oven to 375
- Place the chicken on the grill, flip half way through and place in a oven safe dish- You can cook the chicken entirely on the grill. I like to finish cooking grilled chicken pieces in the oven because I find they do not dry out and cook more evenly.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for about 45 or until internal temp reaches 165.
- Remove from oven, place on a dish, drizzle your marinade over the chicken and enjoy!