Summer and peaches go together. I can remember my grandfather slicing fresh peaches and soaking them in his red wine. That was a really good way to enjoy peaches! But today, we are going to create a salad.
- Arugula or Baby Spinach
- Maytag Blue Cheese (or another really good blue cheese)
- Red Onion (Sliced)
- 4 Peaches (Quartered)
- Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil
- Cut peaches into quarters, drizzle honey over and grill evenly on each side.
- Toss baby arugula with balsamic vinegar and some really good olive oil.
- Thinly slice red onion and sprinkle it on the arugula.
- Put the arugula on a plate, and place the grilled peaches on top.
- Crumble Maytag Blue Cheese and pignoli nuts (pine nuts) on the salad. Yum!
- If baby arugula is not available, use baby spinach!