These scones are easy and stay really well in the refrigerator. I did not cut them into squares. I decided to use a pastry cutter and cut them into rounds and little piggies. Enjoy!
- • 2 cups almond flour
- • ¼ cup coconut flour
- • 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- • 1 tsp. dried parsley
- • ½ tsp. garlic powder
- • ½ tsp. salt
- • 1 ¼ cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- • 1 large egg
- • 1 large egg white
- • ¼ cup whipping cream
- • 4 oz. diced Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked ham
- Heat oven to 325° F and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silicone liner.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, parsley, garlic powder and salt. Add 1 cup of the grated cheese and stir to combine.
- Stir in the egg, egg white, and whipping cream, and mix until the dough comes together. Add the ham and work evenly throughout the dough.
- Gather the dough together and turn out onto the prepared baking sheet. Pat in a rough rectangle about 8×10 inches.
- Use a large sharp knife to cut into 6-inch squares. Then cut each of those squares diagonally into two triangles. Gently lift the scones and distribute them around the pan. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool. Serve with your favorite soup or salad!
- Serving Size: 12