Who doesn’t love chocolate cake? I looked in the refrigerator I had a lot of yogurt so I googled chocolate cake with yogurt. When I saw this recipe for a healthier chocolate cake I knew I needed to make this….and it has bananas in it. It was a hit with the family and it was gone in seconds!!
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (vanilla or plain)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour **can be made GF, see note
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- mini chocolate chips for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Spray an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In a blender, combine the bananas, greek yogurt, honey, vanilla, and peanut butter. Blend until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the blended mixture into a mixing bowl. Add the egg and mix in.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda, mix until incorporated.
- Add the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, mix.
- Pour the cake into the prepared pan. Sprinkle addition chocolate chips on top of the cake if desired.
- Bake for 27-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.