Healthy Easting during a Pandemic!!
There is little doubt that the Coronavirus pandemic is affecting every aspect of our lives— It has disrupted our normal routine of getting up in the morning, eating breakfast, herding the kids out to the school bus and driving to work, only to do it over again at night. There are not many good things I can say about the Pandemic but I can look at it in a positive light as a time to get together, have more time at home and get to know each other again. Do the little things together that you could not do before.
Unfortunately, there is no hard date for the end of the pandemic but we need to keep positive and healthy eating is especially important for keeping your mind, body, and immune system in top working order.
3 Steps you can take to stay healthy during the pandemic:
Minimize trips to the grocery store and eat healthy:
• Shop Online! You can buy some of your pantry staples from local businesses such as Circle B Ranch!
• Meal Plan – what are the ingredients? How quickly do they expire? What’s the most nutritious? What will the store be out of?
• Make a list and use it! You’ll be less like to forget items or buy impulse items.
Make eating together at home a positive experience:
• Get everyone involved! Cooking is a great learning tool especially for children: reading/writing, math, and science are all involved!
• Try new recipes – We have tons of good recipes in our blog!
• Reconnect with the family. Share those meals at the table, or as a picnic in the backyard. This is a great time to get back to the basics
Think positively and stay active:
• Practice positive stress management – call a friend, go for a walk, play with the kids
• Try to stay with your routine as much as possible. Keep your morning and night rituals, eat regular meals, block off time for work and play.
• Manage boredom. Now is the best time to find a new hobby or hone a new skill!
Remember before long we will be back to our normal routine and we will look back at this time and miss that time together!! So cherish all the moments together.
Stay safe – WASH YOUR HANDS!