I don’t bake many gluten-free desserts, so when I saw this dessert, I thought I would try it. I had a lot of zucchini from the farmers market, so it was a chance to make something gluten-free. I have to say it was good…. but not sure I would make it again. I like my gluten. Ha!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup ripe mashed banana
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a round 9×9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together peanut butter, maple syrup, banana, and vanilla.
- Stir in cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until well combined.
- Fold in the dark chocolate and zucchini until combined.
- Place mixture into the prepared pan and use a spatula to spread evenly.
- Top with a handful of chocolate if desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Serving Size: 6