- 1 cup uncooked long grain (white) jasmine rice
- 1/2 large onion diced small
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh scallions, white and green parts
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan and add the onion. Cook for a few minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the rice and coat well.
- Add the Chicken broth, bring to a boil and turn the heat down to simmer.
- Cover tightly for 15 minutes or until done. Add the scallions half way during the cooking.
- Turn off the heat and allow the rice to sit covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and fresh ground pepper. Fluff with a fork, and serve warm.
- This is great with Lemon Chicken with Asparagus. Enjoy!!