Fresh peaches! Need I say more? Delicious!
For the Crostata Pastry Dough
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 egg yolk (room temperature)
- ½ cup + 1–2 Tbsp. butter
For the Peach Filling
- 2–3 Tbsp. Peach jam
- 2 ½ cups peaches sliced thin or chopped
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together salt, flour, sugar and baking powder. Make a well in the center and add egg, egg yolk, and butter (cubed); mix together. Remove dough to a flat surface and knead until it becomes a soft dough. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease and flour an 8-inch square cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sliced peaches, cinnamon, vanilla, lemon juice, flour and sugar. Gently combine.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll out half of the dough to fit into the prepared cake pan. Spread with peach jam and cover with sliced peach mixture.
- Roll out the other half of the dough and fit it to cover the peaches, using a sharp knife to remove excess dough. Make 3 2 to 3-inch cuts on the top of the dough. Brush the top of the dough with a little milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden. Let cool or eat warm. Cut into squares and serve with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!