I have always had a soft spot for peaches. I love them roasted, fresh and baked into a delicious crumb cake like this one. Enjoy!
For the Crumb Crust
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp. butter, cold
- 1 egg
For the Peach Filling
- 2 ½ cups peaches, peeled/ sliced and halved
- 1 ½ Tbsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour an 8-inch cake pan. A spring form pan is recommended.
- In a medium bowl, mix together peaches and sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add butter using a pastry blender or fork to combine and form a crumbly mixture. Add egg and continue to mix only until still crumbly.
- Add approximately 2/3 of the crumbly mixture to the cake pan, spoon peach mixture on top, and sprinkle with the remaining crumby mixture.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Let cool. Serve with vanilla ice cream if you like, and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 8