I am always looking for a meatloaf recipe. This one was really tasty and very moist.
- 1½ cups diced red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp cream (or milk)
- 1 lb. Circle B Ranch ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp paprika (sweet)
- 1¾ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ onion, finely chopped (brown, white, yellow)
- 1–24 oz jar of Marina’s Tomato Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Chop red pepper.
- Heat oil over high heat. Add red pepper leave for 1 minute without stirring so it starts to char (burn) then stir and continue cooking to char it more (about 2 minutes in total). Remove and set aside.
- Grate onion into the bowl, using a normal box cutter. Add cream, then use your hands to squidge the mixture together so the bread crumbs are completely soaked and starts to disintegrate.
- Add remaining meatloaf ingredients, including red pepper. Use your hands to mix it together until JUST combined. Do not over mix otherwise it will become dense.
- Press into the baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, make the Sauce.
- Take the meatloaf out of the oven. Carefully lift the meatloaf out of the pan. Then transfer the meatloaf into the skillet with the Sauce.
- Pour juices in the loaf pan into the skillet. Return to the oven for a further 30 to 40 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Take it out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve the meatloaf with the Sauce, garnished with parmesan if desired.
- I like to serve this with mashed potatoes but it is also lovely with pasta.
- Heat oil in a ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes on the stove, adjusting salt and pepper to taste.
- Take it off the stove. Follow the steps above to place the meatloaf in and bake it.