I have lots of Kielbasy. Big John really likes it, and when I saw this recipe, I really wanted to try it. During the week, I hate to fuss over what to cook, so I really liked that all of it can be made in one skillet. It’s perfect for a weeknight!
- 1 pounds fully cooked Circle B Ranch kielbasy, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 large sweet onion, cut into large pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown whole grain mustard
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high and add kielbasa. Cook, without stirring for 1 minute. Then stir occasionally for about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- In the same pan with some of the rendered kielbasa fat, add the cabbage, onion, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the vinegar and mustard; add the sausage back to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes to heat through. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve immediately.