Blueberries are in season in June. You can find them at your local Farmer’s Market. The best thing about blueberries is that they are available all year round! I personally like summer blueberries…but in a pinch, the store bought ones are just fine.
When I saw the blueberries at the Farmers Market, I knew that my family would love this recipe. The key to this bread is the yogurt that is stirred into the batter. I think the yogurt made this quick bread very moist. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups blueberries (12 oz)
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup plain yogurt, regular or lowfat
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder and salt. Add the blueberries and lemon zest and toss to combine.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the yogurt then the dry ingredients, mixing only until incorporated and being careful not to crush the blueberries.
- Scoop batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting gently onto a plate.