My husband has a lemon tree, that this year, started producing lemons. They are these big and beautiful lemons that is more sweet than tart and with those, I made a delicious lemon curd. I used it on the Poppy Seed Bread I made and with the left overs, I added it to my yogurt in the morning! If you love lemon curd, this is a must!
What You Will Need:
- Heavy Sauce Pan
- 5 Egg Yolks (I Used Farm Fresh)
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- Grated Zest of 2 Lemons
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- With your heave saucepan, combine the egg yolks and sugar. Whisk vigorously for about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and zest. Whisk for about 1 more minute.
- Place the pan on low heat and cook gently. Stirring continuously until somewhat thickened. This will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove and stir in the butter.
- Let cool while stirring occasionally.
- When completely cool, place in an air tight container, refrigerate before using.
- Recipe will make about 1 cup.
***Recipe was adapted from Williams- Sonoma