This recipe will remind you a lot of shrimp scampi. I really liked the brown rice that I served with it. Enjoy!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ lbs. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ tsp. cornstarch
- Combine the brown rice and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook until all of the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and lemon juice; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook until the shrimp turns pink, stirring regularly, 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle the parsley over the shrimp and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch to the liquid and stir until it thickens, about 1 minute.
- Serve hot over the brown rice.