When I saw this recipe, all I could think of was using Terrill Creek Feta Cheese. If you have not have not had the pleasure of eating Terrill Creek Feta Cheese, you do not know what you are missing!
- 1 1/4 cups dried lentils
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 3 ounces Terrill Creek crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- Romaine lettuce leaves (optional)
- Place lentils in a large saucepan. Cover with water to 2 inches above lentils, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well, and set aside.
- Combine lemon juice and next 5 ingredients (lemon juice through garlic) in a medium bowl. Stir with a wire whisk until blended.
- Add lentils, tomatoes, cucumber, cheese, and celery to lemon juice mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve on lettuce-lined plates, if desired.